MPI offers a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that seeks to foster creativity and encourage professional, as well as personal, growth. We are always looking for unique and highly motivated professionals that possess a diverse range of skills, combining technical abilities (database construction, software development, financial analysis, etc.) with polished communication skills and client management experience. We look to our team members to create new solutions for our clients, advance current financial models and techniques, develop new financial software applications and constantly strive to better serve our clients.
The following positions are available:
- Programmer Analyst
- Senior Consultant
- Summer and Year-Round Intern – US Operations
- Financial Software Quality Assurance
Job Description and Responsibilities:
MPI is looking for experienced MS Windows developer to work with a small and focused development team.
- 5+ years of development experience with commercial applications
- Working knowledge of application development languages: C, C++, Delphi
- Prior exposure to SQL based database systems
- Exposure to extensive source code work with mature software applications, experience with code refactoring and troubleshooting code
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Some knowledge of finance and statistics would be a plus
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
- Development of high-quality software source code in all aspects of the software application platform, including database access, core software components, business functions, and user interfaces.
- Participate in the software architecture research and design process
- Work with the existing projects from a maintenance and extension perspective to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Document all work done within the source code
In order to apply, please send us an and include your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements. Resumes sent without cover letters will be disregarded. The e-mail subject line should be: Application – Programmer Analyst – LASTNAME.
MPI is seeking an experienced financial services professional to join our team in Summit, NJ. MPI has a diverse client base across the global wealth and investment management space: from investment advisors and institutional consultants, to FOFs, Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, and institutional investors. A multi-faceted role:
- Client relationship management – managing existing and new relationships, working in close collaboration with our client services and implementation teams;
- Business Development – grow existing client relationships through identifying additional revenue opportunities; and
- Consultative – having in-depth knowledge of MPI’s proprietary tools and services, assist clients with their best practice implementation, deployment and use
Desired Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will possess:
- 7+ years experience in client servicing in either the financial services or financial technology sectors; investment or investment technology consulting experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the structure and operation of broad spectrum of financial institutions, buy-side in particular
- Understanding of how financial technology is used in such organizations – past experience with analytical systems is desired, especially, familiarity with returns-based analytics, performance measurement, asset allocation, risk management and their applications.
- Self-direction, entrepreneurship and business acumen are imperative – you will be responsible to identify both clients’ challenges and business opportunities, and charged with ownership to bring about successful outcomes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- CFA or similar designation is preferred
In order to apply, please send us an and include your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements. Resumes sent without cover letters will be disregarded. The e-mail subject line should be: Application – Senior Consultant – LASTNAME.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
MPI is seeking a summer (and year-round) intern, who will gain significant hands-on experience supporting company Marketing, Sales, Client Services and general Business Administration (including Finance) functions at our firm. Opportunities include such diverse learning experiences as:
- Engaging in and learning from client-facing professionals servicing nearly 300 top asset management, investment consultant, 401(k) and fund companies
- Assisting with product marketing initiatives, including competitive monitoring, traditional and social media monitoring, marketing and sales collateral development, and thought leadership content development and distribution
- Assisting with sales initiatives including direct sales support, prospect list building, CRM management, etc.
- Coming to understand the wealth management industry from the perspective of financial technology solutions such as our software products
- And more!
We are especially interested in local candidates who could continue the internship on a part-time basis throughout the school year. Please indicate if this might be possible when applying.
- Currently enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university. Applicants may be about to enter freshman year, or later in the process. While all majors are considered, we especially encourage applications from majors such as Business Administration, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Marketing and/or Communications.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Visa sponsorship is not available for these positions at this time.
- Self-directed, proactive and motivated, with ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments at all levels of the organization.
- Some knowledge of the financial services industry and business media a plus.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through is critical.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing abilities and presentation.
- Applicants should be comfortable with phone, e-mail, and in-person communication, including presenting to small or large groups.
- High proficiency at MS Office, esp. PowerPoint, Excel, Word; working knowledge of Twitter and new media; experience with/understanding of Google Analytics and Adwords, WebEx, HTML e-mail creation a plus.
- General intellectual curiosity.
In order to apply, please send us an (e-mails only; no faxes, letters or phone calls will be accepted) and include your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements. Resumes sent without cover letters will be disregarded. The e-mail subject line should be: Application – Marketing/Sales Support – LASTNAME.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Our Summit, NJ based financial technology and service firm is seeking a motivated technologist for a full-time role assuring the quality of our flagship analytic software platform. This position will work closely with our application development and product management teams to develop and execute new feature test scenarios and regression tests over the full software lifecycle. This position will track and report status of product issues while serving as a release manager. The successful candidate will formalize the processes and standards around testing and quality assurance while increasing the breadth and depth of testing. This role is an opportunity for a proactive, highly motivated individual to put their individual stamp on our organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of software testing and quality assurance experience
- Experience with financial analysis and reporting software highly desired
- Practical working knowledge of software testing methodology
- Experience with QA automation tools
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate with local and remote project resources
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
In order to apply, please send us an (e-mails only; no faxes, letters or phone calls will be accepted) and include your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements. Resumes sent without cover letters will be disregarded. The e-mail subject line should be: Financial Software Quality Assurance – LASTNAME.