We offer a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment that seeks to foster creativity and encourage professional development and personal growth.
We are always looking for unique and highly motivated professionals who possess a diverse range of skills, combining technical abilities (database construction, software development, financial analysis, etc.) with polished communication skills and client management experience.
We look to our team members to create new solutions for our clients, advance current financial models and techniques, develop new financial software applications, and constantly strive to better serve our clients.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Currently we are looking to fill the following position:
Job Title: Technical Analyst, US Client Services
Markov Processes International, Inc (MPI) is currently interviewing candidates for the role of Technical Analyst to add to our team of key frontline client services personnel. This individual will directly interact with clients across the financial services industry in an effort to cultivate and expand existing client relationships and support complex projects.
- Frontline product and industry support for MPI clients across the financial services industry, including general Q/A as well as specific client project assignments and workflow knowledge transfer.
- Develop a deep understanding of our flagship product MPI Stylus, our clients, their business, and the industry.
- Implement tailored onboarding programs for new clients to educate them on MPI products and services, as well as incorporate their underlying methodologies and financial concepts.
- Participate in live, client-facing training
- Plan and/or conduct testing of MPI products, database feeds or other deliverables to ensure quality output.
- Build effective cross organizational relationships with Sales, Product Management, Research, and Development teams to engage in problem solving and ad hoc projects ranging from training and documentation to research.
In addition, MPI often matches additional projects and responsibilities to analysts as their skill sets expand and interests become focused in relevant company skill areas. Analyst candidates will participate in extensive ongoing training programs at MPI in order to build up their skill sets in our products and the larger financial services issues involved.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from accredited four-year college or university. Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, and Economics majors are preferred.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
- 1-3 years experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Self-directed and motivated, with ability to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of departments at all levels of the organization to drive business forward.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation: ability to effectively communicate complex information and influence diverse internal constituents/senior management.
- Applicants should be comfortable with phone, e-mail, and in-person communication.
Industry-specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidates must have a strong interest in technology, finance, financial data, and quantitative concepts.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Proficiency with SQL and programming tools (R, Python, VBA, etc.)
- Excellent interpretive and analytical skills and the ability to quickly master quantitative and financial concepts.
- Demonstrated client service skill set and ability to quickly build client confidence and trust, a major plus
In order to apply, please send us an e-mail and include your resume and a cover letter.
NOTE: Candidates need not necessarily fit all criteria; we will be looking for the strongest candidate match to our needs. Please note that these positions are based at our Summit, NJ, headquarters.