Our cloud-based target-date fund analytics and reporting platform delivers a powerful solution that helps defined contribution advisors meet client suitability and fiduciary obligations while also helping asset managers better understand and demonstrate how their products compare to the competition.
Delivering retirement plan advisors with an established, repeatable and documentable process for assessing, selecting and monitoring TDFs in three easy steps:
- 1. Decision questionnaire
- 2. Suitability overview & selection
- 3. Reporting
1. Decision questionnaire
Gather information on a plan’s objectives and participant demographics and behavior. Establish preferences across Target-Date Radar Suitability Criteria: Active vs. Passive Management, Open vs. Proprietary Architecture, Non traditional Assets, Landing Point (To vs. Through) and Glide Path Shape (LVI).
2. Suitability overview & selection
Generate a custom scoring system based on Suitability Criteria preferences. Interactively navigate the ranked universe of TDFs.
Top scoring TDFs are presented in a visually intuitive format with an extensive range of charts and statistics for accurate decision-making. Generate current vs. proposed comparative reports.
- Fulfill Fiduciary Duty: With analytical rigor and a defined process, Target-Date Radar supports advisors and plans in upholding their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Go Beyond “To vs. Through”: Suitability Criteria moves past simple assumptions for evaluating, selecting and monitoring TDFs.
- Comprehend Complexity: Better understand glide path shape, asset allocation mix and product construction. Robust analytics measure longevity, volatility and inflation (LVI) risks.
- Institutional Methodology: Built with input from leading institutional consultants acting as fiduciaries on large defined contribution (DC) plans.
- Conflict Free: Target-Date Radar is objective and impartial. MPI is an independent investment technology firm, not an asset manager trying to promote its own products.
- Comparative Reports: Powerful reports compare TDFs against a backdrop of peers. Support the decision-making process and ongoing monitoring.
Delivering a comprehensive competitor analysis and flexible reporting solution to support the unique needs of TDF product and sales teams at asset management firms.
- 1. COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
- 2. SALES SUPPORT
1. TDF competitor analysis
See how your products stack up against other TDF families through an interactive, easy to use dashboard. Ability to compare quantitative and qualitative metrics at the vintage or family level for both mutual funds and collective investment trusts.
2. TDF sales support
Quickly generate powerful reports that highlight your products’ competitive strengths and address the unique demands of individual advisor clients and prospects. We can also customize our out-of-the-box report to meet your firm’s specific requirements.
- Comprehensive fund database: Includes mutual funds and collective investment trusts for more comprehensive coverage of the TDF universe.
- Seamless search and selection: Quickly and easily parse entire fund families and swap share classes for deeper competitive insights.
- Single-click reporting: Leverage the industry’s most advanced analytics out of the box with the option to customize to meet your firm’s specific need.
- Better understand competitor products: Analyze and compare glide path shape, asset allocation mix and product construction.
- Improve sales support: Generate influential sales material that better positions your products against competitors using holdings-based and returns-based analysis.
- Create customized collateral: Build powerful comparison reports on the fly that address your prospect’s specific interests and needs.